Sunday, November 30, 2008

#16- Thanksgiving+Christmas at my best friend’s house

Yesterday, I finally visited my best friend (Suzie)’s house.

As I wrote about Suzie on Oct 19, 2008…we are friends since 1986…and we got some issue, so we were apart each other since 2000…then we found each other in March, 2008(we are working on the Japanese O.J. Simpson, Mr.Kazuyoshi Miura’s cold case. I was working with Japanese TV news program and Suzie was working for Mr.Jimmy Sakoda)…since March, 2008…we were talking on the phone and emailing each other a lot. We finally met at the press conference of Mr. Jimmy Sakoda on Oct 16,2008.

After that we were still talking and emailing(we were so busy, so we couldn’t see each other until yesterday)…and finally we got together yesterday.

Wow, she has a fully happy life! She has a nice house and family (the Japanese husband is my old friend…which means I was the matchmaker for them!)…two daughters are soooooooo cute and we had soooooooo much fun together yesterday.

Suzie is a great host and a great entertainer. She gave us (me, my mother and brother) nice gifts, she treat lunch (pizza,salad, soda and frozen yogurt) and cooked delicious dinner. The dinner was soooooooo gooooooood!!!

Chicken cutlet, cabbage & broccoli, potato salad, edamame,rice and miso soup. We made a toast with apple cider and the dessert was…pumpkin bread, baked French toast with maple syrup & vanilla ice cream and Vietnam iced coffee.

Today, I will enjoy above food again. She made a lunch box for me…she remembers when she lived with my family in Japan and my mother used to cooked lunch and dinner for us. Suzie remembers how my mother treated her in Japan. She treats me like my mother yesterday. I was glad to see that.

I am going to Japan next month (Christmas and New Year’s holiday), but I had a great holiday meal with Suzie and her family yesterday.

Thanksgiving + Christmas at my best friend’s house, I am soooooooo happy that our friendship came back!

Forever friends…Yes, we are.

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Nov 30, 2008