Thursday, October 30, 2008

#10- Are you ready to rock???

Early in this morning (at 6:30am!), my friend Irasha emailed me and asked my little help.

“Yoko, Hello. Genki desuka? I am doing pretty well despite the passing of my father. I read that very sweet blog entry that you did on me; thank you! Yoko, I have a small favor to ask. I am going into the studio to finish up my song, Iroc Da Block (for my clothing line) this evening. I am doing a Japanese intro to a version of my song, but I need to check the correct format for the question: Are you ready to rock? (In Japanese.) Would that be: Shiyo to suru yuri ugokasu or Kekkonshiki no Uta? You can feel free to give me a call if you need to at **********. I am looking forward to catching up with you. Maybe we can do lunch soon? I hope you are well. Your friend, Ms. Irasha Whitfield”

Yes, I called her and helped her this morning… “Are you ready to rock?” in Japanese.

***

And I got an email from my friend, Kimberly this afternoon…

“Hello Yoko - You are also the cutest sweetest PR and editor in the land. Yes, next Monday would be great for you to come by. Can you come for lunch?  Also are you on Facebook? YOU ROCK!!! Kimberly Goodnight PURE consulting”

***

And and…my friend, Suzie and I talked many times over the phone today, and today’s last email from her is…

“Yoko, You are TOO FUNNY!!!!!!! I laughed so HARD when I saw the comment about “********” YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!  Are you watching Ugly Betty Right now? Comedy Show Continues!!!!  If you are up later and want to talk just e-mail me. If I am still awake I can call you. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Suzie”

***

Too many “rocks” today.  Yes, I am ready to rock anytime!!!

Are you ready to rock tomorrow???  Happy Halloween!!!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Oct 30, 2008
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto