Saturday, September 20, 2008

#3- My friend’s father, Mr. Norman Whitfield passed away…

My friend, Irasha sent me a sad email the other day…her father, Mr. Norman Whitfield at 68 passed away on Tuesday the 16th.

Mr. Norman Whitfield is a Grammy-winning songwriter, producer and arranger for Motown Records whose many hits, including the signature song “I Heard It Through the Grapevine,” helped solidify the Motown sound in the 1960s and afterward.

I was hoping her father will get better since he got sick…

When my father passed away 14 years ago, I was so sad and I couldn’t do or think anything at the time.

Life is so short…but…I believe that our loved ones are always watching us and we will meet them again in the future/heaven.

So…we just enjoy every moment as much as we can!!!

By Yoko Fujimoto
Los Angeles
Sept 20, 2008
Copyright © 2012 Yoko Fujimoto